Thursday, February 11, 2010

Only my second week?!

The week has just gotten started, and it feels great to be back! I cannot believe I have only been here for a little over a week.

For the past few days we have had an amazing couple here from California helping our team out. Pastor Steve and his wife have been such an encouragement to all of us, and the people of Candelaria love them so much. Last Sunday night Steve preached on the beatitudes. He taught about steps we must take in this Christian walk.

Our team also got to spend some quality time with just the two of them at the beach on Monday. Then Tuesday night Steve and Kelly delivered a suitcase full of stuff to the Vega family. This was the family who lost their home to a fire. Construction has begun on the house and now the family has many things to fill their new home. The mother was just speechless when she opened the suitcase, and the kids were filled with so much excitement even though they really didn’t know exactly what everything was. These people loved them, and cared about them enough to bring them a suitcase full of stuff. That is all that mattered, and because of Steve and Kelly this family also felt the love of Christ through them. What a wonderful experience to be a part of! I can’t stop saying how blessed I am.

Wednesdays are our youth discipleship days, and Lisa brought something to the group this week. She spoke on your tongue, and how words can bring life or death. At the end we all broke up into groups of 4 or 5 and went around and just lifted each other up with our words. It was an amazing experience for our group, and it sounded like it went really well for the rest of the groups. I know for me that I heard a lot of things I did not expect to hear. We truly can bring life to someone with our words.

“Lord, I want to do this more. I want to bring life with my words. I want to encourage those around me, and show them what they really mean to me. I want to show them how I see you in them. I want to share when I see them reaching after you in one way or another. Lord I want to bring life with my words.”

Proverbs 18:21- “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.”

Also, I want to make a shoutout to my amazing team here in Nicaragua!! God has blessed me with such a great community.

Thank you for all your prayers. I miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment