Saturday, April 3, 2010

Estoy Emotional!!


"Estas emotional!" (which means you are excited) is all I heard all day yesterday, and I definitely was. After dealing with some unpleasant things going on back at home, Friday morning was a breath of refreshment.

A group of four guys from Florida arrived on the property early Friday morning. They are here to shoot a fund-raising video for our house. They really have a desire to raise the funds to see the kitchen and bakery completely finished. It is always great when we have new people coming in, but these guys were especially exciting for me because they brought all my softball equipment. As soon as I introduced myself, I asked if I could see all the stuff. I was ecstatic!!! So many people from back home were willing to give, and now I am going to be able to start a softball ministry while I am here.

My idea is to hold two separate clinics where I will be inviting girls not only from the church, but also from the community. These clinics will probably last 5 days, and I will be teaching them softball as well as getting an opportunity to bring the word to them. One big part of this ministry is getting new people on the property, and involved with the church. I also have a strong desire to see some of the girls that I am playing with to help out with the clinics.

Lastly, this equipment will also help start an adult softball team for the church. They have been wanting to for a long time, but always only had baseball equipment. As you know, equipment is very expensive and these people have nothing. Now they have the opportunity to get this started as well!

Thanks to everyone who helped get the equipment here. I want to say a special thank you to Coach Peterson, Coach Fagala, my dad, and the youth at Idlewild Baptist. I know that all of you guys really participated, and you have really blessed the people here. As I was going through all the equipment and writing the church's name on everything, I was moved by the names already written on these gloves. They were all names of people I know, and I was just blessed to see people at home wanting to serve God here in Nicaragua. God is using something as simple as mailing an old glove to Nicaragua to change lives. Thanks to everyone who helped out.

Matthew 25:40- "The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'"

No comments:

Post a Comment