Thursday, April 22, 2010

Softball


As you all know, I received some softball equipment a couple of weeks ago, and now I am excited to share with you guys how this will be used!!

I have grownup around sports, and absolutely love playing softball. What I love more than playing softball is teaching softball. Now I gert to teach it in Spanish! Starting May 11th I am holding 2 softball clinics. May 11th through the 15th I will be teaching the young girls in the church under the age of 14. I am excited about this because it will be a fun time to bond with some of the younger girls and teach them something new.

The following week, May 18th through the 22nd, I will be teaching the youth (14 and older). Please be praying for this week; I will be inviting a lot of girls from the community outside of the church. I really hope to see the church leadership minister to these girls and their families.

After a full week of teaching softball to the youth we will start to form a team. My plan is to hold practices twice a week. Unfortunately I will not be here when they start playing games, but I want to get them well prepared before I leave. You also better believe that I will be keeping track of my girls and that "vamos a ganar!" (We are going to win!!)

Also the leaders of the church a starting up a new men's softball team. They have wanted to start this team for a while, but never had the equipment to start it.

Please be praying for all these activities going on. Pray that God will use them to bring new families into the church and new member into the Kingdom of God. Also, prayerfully consider sponsoring a team or the NewSong Mission Nicaragua sports ministry. If we had two people sponsoring this ministry for $20/month this would be plenty to cover registration fees, umpires, and uniforms.

I am so blessed to be able to use the talents God has given me to glorify His kingdom, and I get to play softball while doing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment